I believe Les Miles wanted to come to Michigan and is somberly and secretly disappointed in the outcome of what was, in his own words, the place that he truly wanted to be. I believe he is upset but understands the circumstances at hand and that taking the Michigan job is impossible for him because he genuinely cares about his players at LSU, and he cares about their success in the upcoming national championship game way more than he cares about the advancement of his own career. (even if his past may indicate otherwise) Les Miles is a good man for doing what he is doing and he knows he is making the right decision. However, I am inclined to believe that if the timing was different, and the transition would be easier for his players, Les Miles would be the next Michigan head coach.
I believe the conclusion to the regular season could not have been more disappointing for the Michigan. The loss of the number 1 coaching candidate came the same day as that god-awful disgraceful piece of shit school down south is going to yet another national championship at the hands of yet another Michigan defeat. Now we can cheer Les Miles on like he IS one of our own...
I believe Michigan will be completely and utterly steam-rolled by a superior Florida football team at the hands of Heisman winner, Tim Tebow. A player that Michigan wanted but just couldn't have. (despite rumors that we stopped recruiting him with the intention of pursuing Ryan Mallett...we traded a future Heisman winner for a drunk little punk kid) It is upsetting that the chances of Lloyd Carr ending his career on a victorious note are slim. Florida is coming off of 4 straight wins and run a complete, balanced offense, one of which Michigan has never proven capable of slowing down, let alone stopping; especially in bowl games where Michigan has been nothing short of abysmal in recent years. (Excuse 2005 Rose Bowl) To win, Michigan will have to simply outscore Florida in a shootout. Unlikely.
I believe Michigan State will be slaughtered in embarrassing fashion. Matt Ryan will own MSU brain.
Excuse me while I wallow in our misfortunes. I'll be chipper again in September.

2 comments:
Robby, i'm not sure if you or anyone else will read this post. But the more i read about this whole les miles situation is everyone depressed and upset about the fact that he's not our coach? Didn't the way this all played out make anyone question whether miles was the right man for michigan? I mean a guy who will leverage his "dream job" for more money from LSU. I think in 4 years we will be happy Miles was never named michigan's coach. He will likely win the national championship this season with LSU, but that doesn't mean he is capable of winning one at michigan. I'm sick of all the crying over les, lets move on and hire a guy we can be proud of and who wants to be our coach and doesn't just claim to.
I suppose you are right. If Les really was the right man he might have come regardless of the fat LSU offer. However, from what i understand, i think for Les it wasn't about the money and it was about job security. Les wanted to come to michigan and as the deal was being formulated, Martin couldn't give Les the 100% assertion that he would be the coach. Then LSU AD gave him an ultimatum and said he would be fired if he was talking to michigan at that time. Apparently Les had to make the decision right then when Kirk H broke that news and was stuck b/w a rock and a hard place...just a thought.
BUt for all intensive purposes, it isn't good to just sit and moap about losing Les. He isn't the ONLY guy that will be a remarkable coach at this school. The best man for the job is simply a good coach that will bring wins to Ann ARbor. Les this, Les that, it is time to move on to the next guy whether or not he already is coaching at a high profile school Like LSU. There are a million great coaches out there that are at middle of pack schools that are waiting to break into the big times...it's just a matter of time.
Post a Comment