That's it. Rumors have it that Manningham has been ruled academically ineligible for the Capital One Bowl. This kid came in and showed us the raw athleticism he possessed from day 1, and showed us that he may help fill the shoes of Braylon Edwards following his departure to the NFL. Mario did appear on that track for a while but has been a part of several off the field incidents that have simply tarnished his reputation and his legacy at this school. Ten years down the road, he will be another blip in Michigan football history. This kid is a wreck. Team suspensions from apparent failed drug tests, verbal battles with teammates on the sidelines this year, illegal possession of prescription drugs (although charges were dropped due to actual need for them), and most recently, academic ineligibility; and you wonder why Lloyd Carr never lets him speak at press conferences. Really man?!?!?! You're given every chance in this life to excel and be something special, and you do it half ass, squeak off early to the NFL and leave a place where you would've left with a wonderful legacy if you just had an ounce of self discipline. Manningham is gone after this year, I'm convinced, and I'm not surprised either given that his actions throughout these last couple years have shown that he's really only out for Mario and not this team. Farewell, friend.
Quick Bowl Predictions:
Armed Forces Bowl - Cal vs. Air Force
Cal's speed on both sides of the ball wins this game. Cal wins, 33-23
Music City Bowl - Kentucky vs. Florida State
Initially, I would like the tough, physical FSU defense to pull out the win in Tennessee, however, with 36 of its players ineligible due to injury and cheating scandals, they have no chance. They are going to have to hold open tryouts just to fill a roster and Andre Woodson will shred in his last game as a Wildcat. Florida State's offense was miserable even without its entire roster active, now it will be lucky to get a couple scores on the board. Goodbye Seminoles. Good luck to those Seminole seniors who will leaving the University with a BA in "Circus" even after cheating on an online course. Pathetic. Kentucky routs, 41-16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
cal 38-34
kentucky 23-20
sorry... kentucky 33-20
Cal 28 - 17
Kentucky 38 - 10
So he wasn't susupended. You think after the maylay of bullshit that occurred during the coaching search that I wouldn't believe anything that I heard in the media ever ever again. Well, I swallow my words. If Manningham comes back next year, I may delete this post and jump off a bridge to rid of my blasphemous self.
Post a Comment