Rose Bowl presented by who gives a shit - Illinois vs. USC
Well, this game is obviously an easy one to predict a winner so the score will be uber-important. Illinois does not belong in this game when it comes to team talent, but somehow the Big Ten accommodates for this madness this year and pits them up against a team that is far superior in every facet of the game except quarterback scrambling ability, which won't matter when USC's linebackers will put the fear of God in Juice from the first snap. USC is a far better equipped team, will be better prepared, and will have calm nerves going into this seemingly annual game for USC. Illinois may be fired up from the get-go, but the adrenaline will only last a short time before USC begins to punish profusely. USC squishes Juice brain, 37-13
Georgia is an obvious pick. I have a hard time believing that upsets of the WAC vs. BCS conference magnitude can happen two years in a row. Georgia, arguably, may be playing the best football of anybody down the stretch (along with USC) and should win this game based on talent, depth, and coaching. However, intangibles go towards Hawaii, longing to follow in their Boise State brethren's footsteps after the monumental upset over Oklahoma in the Party Bowl last season. What worries me is Hawaii's defense who gave up 44 points to La-Tech, 37 to an awful Utah State team, and 35 to San Jose State. Georgia will move the bowl, and their defense will pull through if the game turns into a shootout. Georgia avoids embarrassment, 31-28
Citrus Bowl - Michigan vs. Florida
Shit. I don't want to talk about it. I have never had as little faith in Michigan as I have going into this game. Given my negative attitude, I am having a really hard time feeling confident about determining the outcome of this game. I would not be surprised to see an inspired Michigan team come out and pull out a sound upset; nor would I be shocked if Tim Tebow ran and threw for 8 TD's naked, backwards, in the rain, with bear traps around his ankles. Florida's weakness is their secondary and that's pretty much it. Henne's health is a concern and Manningham's eligibility is rumored to be on the rocks, like the liquor I'll be consuming throughout the second half if Tebow is his usual self. Florida wins, 27-21
I'm mildly confident in the superior preparation and physical play that Oklahoma will bring to the table against a deflated, and leader-less West Virginia team. Steve Slaton hasn't run for 100 yards in several games and this team has not looked like their usual selves even with their head coach, RichRod, roaming the sidelines. Oklahoma hasn't had the distractions during the time off, and their speed matches up well against a physical and speedy West Virginia team. I like West Virginia, but Oklahoma was one of the worst matchups they could've drawn out of all the BCS bowl teams this postseason. Oklahoma wins, 41-27
Cotton Bowl - Missouri vs. Arkansas
I never really hopped on the Missouri bandwagon during their hyped up regular season. They lost to the same Oklahoma team twice, who simply outmatched them physically and talent-wise down the stretch during both of those games. Missouri has a great offense and will put up some numbers but they won't be able to stop McFadden, who will have a HUGE game due to Arkansas' physical dominance at the line of scrimmage. I like Arkansas, however, still a tough pick given Arkansas' inconsistent play throughout the regular season. Arkansas wins, 21-14

2 comments:
USC 41-24
Georgia 40-35
Florida 42-17
Oklahoma 37-29
Missouri 31-20
Illinois in the upset to shut everyone up who keeps talking shit about them not deserving to be there. who cares the score.
Georgia wins large over hawaii.
38 - 14
Henne looks amazing and michigan wins a classic 42 - 38. (fuck u guys for picking against your school, you should be docked points simply for that, pricks.)
Missouri stomps Arkansas 38 - 21.
Post a Comment