
AHHHHH!!!! I don't care how many times the announcers said a loss didn't matter for the Wolverines on Saturday, I DON'T LIKE IT!! The atrocious play that ensued on Saturday did nothing but hurt the Wolverines heading into Ohio State week. The momentum and the confidence of team on an 8 game winning streak in the driver's seat for a Big Ten Championship is severely tarnished whether the players admitted in the press conference or not. Players on the sidelines getting upset with each other (Manningham and Mallett for one) or hanging their heads walking off the field after the loss cannot possibly tell us that this loss and the frustration that ensued has not affected them going into next week. A win against a clearly inferior Wisconsin team would have ensured at least a share in the big ten title regardless of the result of next week's game against OSU, but all that is gone. I know, I know, I know...Hart and Henne are healthy, blah blah blah. That fact is a HUGE upside given the magnitude of this weekend's game, however, the sour taste in my mouth is still there. I understand Hart not playing, but taking Henne out voluntarily after two drives shows the team that the coaching staff doesn't care about the game and you shouldn't either. Oh, and kicking an extra point instead of going for two when you are down by 9 in the fourth quarter also doesn't bode well for boosting morale and confidence of the team. Hart and Henne are healthy. Hart and Henne are healthy. Hart and Henne are healthy. I need to play that over and over again in my head for the next couple days for therapy. Things i learned this weekend in no particular order:
- Mallett is a complete degenerate. Mallett enrolled in school early last spring to get a leg up on learning the playbook and getting used to the college game because of the fact that he would be relied upon early in his career given his premature level of athleticism and his size. A quarterback with his physical characteristics under the guidance of a premier college football quarterbacks coach should never make me wanna stab myself to death with a rusty thumbtack. Bonehead decisions!!! Misreads!! Constantly throwing into coverage!! No pocket presence!! DUMB DUMB DUMB!!! It's November people!!! THe freshmen excuses no longer apply when he has been on campus for almost a year and has only had to develop the mental aspects of the game given his freak of nature physical attributes coming out of high school. Something needs to change and it needs to change FAST or Mallett will surely be riding the bench watching Steven Threet apply something called "STOP BEING A DOUCHEY IDIOT MOUTH!!!!" on the field next season. Also, when Mario Manningham, or any upperclassmen for that matter, says something to you on the sidelines, shut your mouth and nod your head slowly. Don't talk back, don't stand up for yourself, just shut up and do better. Mallett will be good one day, but it seems like he has got a lot of growing up to do.
- Manningham is going pro. There is no doubt in my mind now after he let his frustration with Mallett show on the sideline. I don't blame him. He'll be leaving along with the rest of Michigan's premier offensive talent.
- This is the worst Michigan football performance since Notre Dame of 2005. Hands down. I have never seen a team not show up in the last 5 years like the Michigan team this last weekend. No intensity, no focus, nobody making plays.
- Arrington's sick catch in the 4th quarter is overlooked due to the rest of crap play that ensued throughout the game. Please remember it, for it was thou super sick nasty.
- I will not be upset to see Mike Debord leave.
- The zone blocking schemes are getting shut down like a fat kid at prom. No longer are they working with a banged up O-line and when opposing teams have a 50-50 chance of stuffing them. I am not an offensive expert, but our running game without Hart and Long next year needs some major scheme changes to be successful.
- I will be a heartbroken schoolgirl to see Manningham, Arrington, Henne, Hart, Long, Kraus, Trent, Taylor, Adams, Crable, Johnson, and Jamison leave. Kill me now. Zoltan for team MVP next season.
- Matthews legitimately had a hand on that one catch/"interception." (see pic for details)

No comments:
Post a Comment